Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure, a Hermie and Friends DVD

Another great Hermie DVD! This one is a charming story about being unique because “the very best part in us that we like the least someone else might like the most.”

I love how Max Lucado can teach a Biblical precept in story form. Learning these lessons through quality entertainment is a great way to reach the younger generation. Some of the truths weaved into this story are that God made is who we are, God is always here, and God loves us just the way we are. Sometimes I need to hear these truths as much as my children.

Both my 7 and 10 year olds enjoyed the DVD. My 10 year old thought that the cartoon short was weird, but he still liked the Skeeter story saying that it was kind of like real life. I am glad that he can translate these entertaining stories to his own life.

As a special bonus, the recipe for Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes was included during the credits. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment